Thursday, December 20, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Lucy had her first visit with Santa. We took her to the mall for a visit with Santa, a little dinner and some shoe shopping:). She actually liked Santa- at least for the first few seconds, then she got a little scared and started to cry. The photographer actually snapped a picture during the happy time - and it turned out quite cute. Our pictures (the ones above) aren't quite as good. We had to take them from a side angle so as to not block the real photographer- so they are a bit blurry (I'll blame that on Rich - as I was trying to make Lucy smile while he took pictures- :). Anyway Lucy had a fun time and we got a cute picture and a fun memory!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Here it is!
Lucy loves the Christmas tree! I turn it on first thing in the morning and don't turn it off until we go to bed. Lucy walks around the tree and looks for all of her favorite ornaments. Once she spots them she successfully gets them off and brings them over to show me. Luckily none of her favorites are breakable:). She really likes the lights. We are going to take her out this weekend to see some of the lights around town - I'm sure she will love them!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
I'm pooped - I'm going to just lay on the ground
I'm going to get these shoes off mom!
I found them!
I think I can draw
I love Millie Moo
What's behind the barn door?
I love to read
Well I can't believe it but as of today we have been home with Lucy for five months. It seems like just yesterday when we got off of our long flight from China and were so excited to see My Mom and Dad, Maggie, Kelly Molly and Conor waiting for us at the gate with signs, American flags, and big smiles. Not only was it a homecoming but it was Lucy's first American holiday - 4th of July. Since then she has celebrated her 1st birthday, Halloween as a pink bunny, Thanksgiving with family and friends, she will be putting her shoes out tomorrow night for St. Nick to leave her a little something, and of course she is anxiously awaiting her first Christmas with us (well I think we are awaiting it more anxiously then her).
Every month I try to post all of the new things Lucy is doing and the things she seems to love- so without further ado.
- Lucy loves to "read" her books. She loves us to read to her as well but she likes to pick the books off of the shelf and hand them to us.
- She loves to open every drawer, cabinet and door to see what is in there, and what is behind there.
- She loves to go into her closet each morning and go to her shoe rack. She ALWAYS takes out the pair of red shoes that we bought for her in China. This is not the only pair she takes out but it is always the first.
- She puts her hand over her mouth whenever she laughs and then shakes her head - which makes me laugh
- She pulls the velcro apart on every pair of shoes or boots that I put on her. She is always a bit confused when there is a buckle and she can't get it undone- but the velcro she can always pull apart.
- She loves to draw - especially with a pen
- She is walking so fast these days that it borderlines running
- She continues to love the phone - as I post every month. She must pick it up 100 times a day and say hello - I still laugh everytime she does it. If she can't find the phone anything else will do, a cup, a book, the remote control.
- She loves to hold her little lovey when she is tired
- She is ritualistic about her bedtime routine. She holds her little lovey and wraps it around her face. She then has to lay on her little pillow and look to the left for her big lovey and to the right for her dolly. Once everything is okay she turns on her side and gives us a little wave before she goes to sleep. (I hope we NEVER lose the lovey)
- Whenever she gets tired she just plops on the floor and puts her head down
- Whenever she hears the chime on the alarm when a door opens - she yells daddy
- She can say a few words, Daddy, Mommy (finally), Conor, guy, hi, hello and bye
- She seems to know her house.-whenever we drive up she points to our house.
- She goes crazy whenever she sees a horse (not a real horse), whether it be stuffed, bronzed, huge or little any kind of horse. I don't know what it is about horses but she can recognize one a mile away. (I see a pony in her future)
Well I guess these are it for now - I could go on and on but there's always next month. We are in the midst of another snowstorm today - so I am sure I will be posting more pictures this week. Hope you are all enjoying your week! I want to especially thank Danielle for giving my blog a new look - Ijust love it!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
No one was outside but me
I'm not so sure
Is there more snow coming down?
This weekend we had our first big snowstorm of the season. It started snowing Saturday morning and continued late into the night. Saturday always seems like the best day of the week to have a snowstorm as most people don't have to be anywhere. We stayed inside all day and put up the Christmas tree and decorated the house. Lucy loves all of the lights and the decorations!
I'm not so sure she loves the snow as much as the lights and the decorations. After bundling her up on Sunday we took her oustside to see the snow. She was not able to get around very quickly due to a her snow pants, bulky coat and big boots. She looked like a pink Michelin Man- pretty funny. She lasted outside about 15 minutes - which is less time then it took me to put all of her gear on. Oh well it was her first snow and I wanted her to see it.